Success With Different Opportunity Types
As a HomeAdvisor Pro, you’ll receive opportunity leads that allow you to take on projects in addition to your auto-accepted leads. There are two types of opportunity leads – Instant Connect and Job Opportunities.
When you receive an opportunity lead, whether it’s an Instant Connect Lead or a Job Opportunity, you can review the project details before accepting or declining the opportunity. You only pay for the opportunity when you choose to accept the connection. These are not guaranteed jobs, and they are charged outside of your monthly spend target.
Here’s a breakdown of the differences between the two types and how to win jobs with each.
Instant Connect opportunities happen when a homeowner requests to speak to a pro on the phone right away. You’ll receive the task information and a call asking if you want to connect. If you accept, you’ll be placed on a call to speak with the homeowner. Only one pro can respond to each Instant Connect opportunity.
How to be successful with Instant Connect opportunities:
- Pick up the phone. You can only get this lead if you answer the call.
- Accept the connection. If you’re available and interested, accept to speak with the homeowner right away. Decline or ignore it and we’ll move on to the next available pro.
- Schedule an appointment. When you speak with the homeowner, confirm their project details and schedule an initial appointment.
Job Opportunities happen when a homeowner enters their project details and then selects the pros they’d like to quote their project. When you receive a Job Opportunity, you can review the project details — homeowner name, location and task — and choose to accept or decline the connection straight from the Pro app.
Accept the opportunity to contact the homeowner directly.
How to be successful with Job Opportunities:
- Opt in to Job Opportunities — you must be opted in to receive this type of lead. The more active you are with leads and opportunities, the more Job Opportunities you’ll receive.
- Act quickly. Other pros may have received the same invitation, and only four pros can respond before the opportunity expires.
- Decide whether you’re interested. You’ll only be charged for the connection if you choose to accept.
Watch this video to find out how opportunities work!
Still have more questions about opportunities? Visit our FAQs page.