5 Ways to Use Angi Leads to Safeguard Your Business
Preparing your business for tough times will help you find new leads, maintain cashflow and keep things running in the event of a disaster. And while no business is immune to the effects of a crisis, there are a few ways you can use your Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) membership to mitigate risks and safeguard your company.
#1 | Set up a strong Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) profile.
Having a complete Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) profile with up-to-date information is important at all times, but it’s especially important during a crisis. Ensure your service area, offerings and contact information are all correct so it’s easy for homeowners to find you when they need you. It’s also a good idea to familiarize yourself with the site as much as possible, so you can quickly and easily adjust your profile as needed.
Tip: In the event of a disaster, remember to update your hours, contact information and business address if it changes.
#2 | Collect ratings and reviews.
When times are hard, homeowners look to hire companies that they know they can trust. So it’s important to collect as many ratings and reviews for your Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) profile as possible. Send past customers a link to review your work and be sure to thank them for their positive remarks. If you receive a negative review, respond professionally. And if there’s a valid complaint, do what you can to make it right.
#3 | Prepare your finances.
Ahead of an unpredictable event like a recession or natural disaster, you’ll want to be sure your finances are prepared for anything. Start an emergency fund for your business, also called “retained earnings,” so that you can continue to pay your employees and keep the business going for an extended amount of time in times of hardship. You can also follow tips and advice from financial experts to help further shore up your accounts.
Tip: If it isn’t safe or possible to meet clients in person during a disaster, you can collect payments right in the Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) App using Angi Pay.
#4 | Manage your lead flow.
The Angi Help Center offers tips to help you manage and adjust your lead flow as needed to keep your business running. Not only can you expand your ZIP code and service offering coverage to earn more leads, but you can also lower your coverage if you have more business than you can handle at the moment. Check out these articles on managing your lead flow:
- How to Succeed With 3 Different Lead Types
- How to Make the Most of Past Leads
- How to Increase Your Win Rate
#5 | Find ways to differentiate your business.
If you can safely continue to provide service to customers during a disaster, it may be a good idea to do so. Making your business available to help people when they most need it will help differentiate your business from the competition and may even help you build some lifetime customers and referrals. If consumer demand for your business is temporarily down, Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) can supplement other sources of traffic to help you maintain a steady stream of customers.
- COVID-19 Resources
- How to Prepare Your Business for a Hurricane
- How to Ensure Employee Safety During a Hurricane
- How to Clean Up After a Hurricane
- Prepare for a Natural Disaster
- How to Prepare Your Business for an Earthquake
- How to Ensure Employee Safety During an Earthquake
- How to Clean Up After an Earthquake
- How to Prepare Your Business for a Wildfire
- How to Ensure Employee Safety During a Wildfire
- How to Clean Up After a Wildfire
- How to Prepare Your Business for a Tornado
- How to Ensure Employee Safety During a Tornado
- How to Clean Up After a Tornado
- How to Prepare Your Business for a Tsunami
- How to Ensure Employee Safety During a Tsunami
- How to Clean Up After a Tsunami
- How to Prepare Your Company for a Major Storm
- How to Ensure Employee Safety During a Major Storm
- How to Clean Up After a Major Storm
- How to Prepare Your Business for a Blizzard
- How to Keep Your Team Safe During a Blizzard
- How to Clean Up After a Blizzard
- How to Prepare Your Business for a Flood
- How to Keep Your Team Safe During a Flood
- How to Clean Up After a Flood
- 4 Steps to Getting Financial Help After a Disaster
- 5 Ways to Protect Your Business From a Financial Crisis
- How to Recruit and Hire During a Crisis
- 5 Questions to Ask About Disaster Insurance, According to Allstate
- A Quick Guide to Disaster Insurance
- 3 Ways to Recover From an Unexpected Financial Hit
- Social Media Disaster Toolkit
- 5 Steps to Creating a Complete Angi Leads Profile
- 5 Steps to Creating an Effective Crisis Communications Plan
- How to Talk to Customers in Times of Crisis
- How to Manage Lead Flow in a Crisis
- Use Angi Leads to Help
- Find Financial Resources
- Talk to Customers and Staff
- Get the Right Insurance for You
- Are you prepared for a crisis?