How to Find & Measure Success With HomeAdvisor
Here are some ways you can measure your success:
- Understand your job value
Based on how much you spend per month, calculate how much you need to make for that investment to be a success. Ask yourself: if your monthly spend target (your investment) is XX, what do you need to make to be happy and consider it a success? If you invest XX per month, then decide on how much you need to make, YY, to feel good about that investment. This will help you decide what to make your spend target and how much to charge customers so you can be sure that you are being successful.
- Calculate your return on investment (ROI)
To take the above explanation one step further, you can calculate your ROI. This will tell you the % gained from your investment. The higher the ROI, the better the investment is.
- Ask yourself these questions:
- Are your customers promoting your business?
- Are you getting prospects through referrals from previous customers?
- How many customers from HomeAdvisor have recommended you to a friend?
- Are you taking full advantage of the new customers you find through HomeAdvisor?
Many companies pay for mailing lists to find customers, but with every HomeAdvisor lead you can expand the list of potential clients in your area — even if you didn’t win the job the first time around.
Be successful with HomeAdvisor by following these 5 tips below:
- Download the pro mobile app
The app is a fast and easy way to manage your account and respond to homeowners on the go. Use the app to instantly call or message homeowners, manage leads, opportunities, and request reviews.
- Call every homeowner immediately
Our homeowners expect a call immediately. Pros who call within 15 minutes are 2x more likely to connect with the homeowner. The longer you wait, the more likely the homeowner is going to hire someone else. It is also important to send a homeowner a text, nowadays many people do not answer their phone. Make sure you send a text either through the app or on your own, especially if the homeowner does not answer. You can also leave a voicemail and try following up with an email. Try to call each lead at least twice in the first 2 days.
- Request reviews
Pros with 3+ reviews receive 3x more customer contacts. Request reviews from past customers with the homeowner’s name and contact information. Request reviews from every new HomeAdvisor customer, directly from your account.
- Manage your lead flow & revenue
The most successful HomeAdvisor pros actively adjust their lead settings based on which projects drive the biggest profits.
Here are a few ways to manage your lead flow:
- Confirm your zip code coverage and services offered. Review your coverage area and ensure you’re set up to receive leads for the types of projects you service.
- Pause and un-pause your leads. You can tell us you don’t want to receive leads for up to 48 hours at a time.
- Review your spend target. Your spend target is an estimated dollar amount that you would like HomeAdvisor to meet when sending you leads. Spend targets apply to Market Match and Exact Match leads.
- Track revenue and profits. Use your lead management tools to understand which projects and zip codes drive the most profit for your business. You can modify your account to receive more leads in those categories and areas.
- Create a strong online profile
Your profile helps you stand out from other pros. Make sure to include all your information so homeowners can easily tell what your service is and why they should pick you. HomeAdvisor offers an easy way to set up a strong online profile.