How Leads Work
Leads are automatic homeowner connections. When the homeowner’s project matches your offerings and availability (or they contact you from the directory), you’ll automatically receive the project details as a new lead. You’ll be charged for each new lead as soon as it’s sent. Leads are not guaranteed jobs. Follow up quickly to improve your chance of winning the job.
There are different kinds of leads but you should follow the same steps to be successful with each lead. Make sure you are proactively managing and keeping track of your leads in the HomeAdvisor Pro App. Controlling your lead flow will also help you manage leads and ensure that you are getting the most out of the HomeAdvisor system.
Looking to request a lead credit? Review our credit policy.
Wondering what happens when you don’t contact a lead? Here’s what you can do.
Still have more questions? View FAQs here.
- How to Succeed With 3 Different Lead Types
- How to Make the Most of Past Leads
- How to Increase Your Win Rate
- How to use HomeAdvisor Pay
- How to Manage Your Lead Flow (and Why It’s Important)
- Leads: Frequently Asked Questions
- What to Do When You Don’t Contact a Lead
- How to Request Lead Credits
- How to Control Your Lead Flow
- How In-App Video Calling Works
- How ANGI Homeservices Works With HomeAdvisor
- How to Manage Lead Flow in a Crisis
- How Your Spend Target Works