How Consumer Financing with Affirm Works
What is it?
Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) is offering financing options for consumers through Affirm, which will allow them to pay for projects over time. This will provide consumers with the flexibility to cover emergency repairs, dream home renovations, and everything in between. In return, this will allow you to provide your customers with flexible payment options at no extra cost when you use Angi Pay.
How does it work?
Through Angi Pay, consumers can finance their projects over time with Affirm. As soon as they take out their loan with Affirm, we will transfer the full payment to you. As with all payments received through Angi Pay, you must connect your banking information in order to receive the payment.
How can I talk to my customers about this payment option?
Your customers should see the Pay Over Time payment option in the Angi Leads mobile app when they go through the checkout flow on Angi Pay. To ensure that you remain legally compliant, do not mention, solicit, or volunteer the availability of Affirm or any other financing options to your customers. Please be extra cautious if you are presenting quotes or making a sale in these locations:
- In the customer’s home
- At the customer’s workplace or in dormitory lounges
- At facilities rented on a temporary or short-term basis, such as hotel or motel rooms, convention centers, fairgrounds, and restaurants
If and only if a customer asks specific questions about Affirm or financing options (e.g., “I noticed Affirm is available,” “how does Affirm work?” or “do you have financing options?”) can you tell the customer “Yes, we have financing options available on the Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) App. Please visit https://www.homeadvisor.com/r/affirm-financing or call 720-605-9290 to get more detailed information.”
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affirm?
- Affirm offers financing options that let consumers pay for projects and services over time. Consumers get to choose their payment schedule, and they never pay more than what they agreed to upfront. There are no hidden fees.
- When will I receive my payment?
- If you have connected your banking information to Angi Pay, you should receive your payment as soon as the customer takes out their loan with Affirm. If you haven’t connected your banking information to Angi Pay, you will receive payment as soon as you do so.
- Even though the customer pays over time, will I receive the full payment?
- Yes, we will send you the full payment immediately. Your customer’s payment schedule should have no effect on when you receive your payment.
- What is the benefit to me?
- Our financing feature offers many benefits to our pros, with the main one being the financial flexibility that you can provide your customers by allowing them to pay for projects over time. Other companies and businesses who have offered this to their customers have seen an increase in average spend as well as an increase in converted customers. This is a perk that you can provide your customers at absolutely no extra cost.
- Which projects are eligible for financing through Affirm?
- If you are eligible and opted in to Angi Pay, all customers that you send payment requests to — both within and outside the Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) network — are eligible for financing. Win Jobs* are the only project types that will not be eligible for financing.
- *You only pay for this type of lead if you win the job and simply use Angi Pay to collect payment.
- When will this be available to Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor Pro) customers?
- We are launching this product during the first week of December 2020 and will slowly roll it out to our customer base. Pay Over Time with Affirm through Angi Pay should be available to all customers starting January 1, 2021. Please note that in order to Pay Over Time with Affirm, customers must be over the age of 18 (19 years or older in Alabama or if you’re a ward of the state in Nebraska) and must not be residents of Iowa or West Virginia (Affirm is not available in those states at this time).
*HomeAdvisor Pay is now Angi Pay